FAER McAfee Scholar Awards 2018-19
Scholar Awards Program
We are conducting the FAER scholar program to select and award "scholars" status to meritorious students from engineering colleges based on a project work with a rigorous three stage selection process referred and conducted by experts in the areas of
(1) Computer Science and Information Technology,
(2) Communications technologies and concepts (digital, optical, wireless, satellite etc.),
(3) Power and Energy Systems,
(4) Signal Processing,
(6) Innovative applications of systems for problems related to rural areas and disadvantaged people - health, education, renewable energy, labour saving technologies, rural technologies, etc
The objective of the FAER scholar program is to encourage creativity and innovation amongst the students in polytechnics and engineering institutions across India particularly those in rural and semi-urban areas making them to think and prepare detailed project proposals on areas and topics of relevance related to rural areas, rural communications, agricultural information systems, e-Governance, resource utilization, ecology, watershed development, renewable resources etc.,
- First Prize : Rs. 100,000/- (Rs. 80,000 for the students team and Rs. 20,000 for the project guide)
- Second Prize : Rs. 75,000/- (Rs. 60,000 for the students team and Rs. 15,000 for the project guide)
- Third Prize : Rs. 50,000/- (Rs. 40,000 for the students team and Rs. 10,000 for the project guide)
Stage 1 : FAER will receive project proposals from students in engineering colleges, screen them with the help of experts and select projects for funding. An amount up to a maximum of Rs. 5,000/- will be reimbursed to each project team after completion of their project.
Stage 2 : Selection of "FAER -McAfee Scholars" based on the evaluation of the completed projects through a Seminar-cum-Exhibition and best projects will be awarded with Cash Prize and Certificates in FAER - McAfee Scholar Awards Presentation Function.
Dates to Remember :
Last date for receipt of hardcopy of the proposals for projects. Please send softcopy of the proposal by 31st October 2018. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Approvals by FAER. 18th January 2019.
The proposals duly certified by the project guide and Principal should reach the address mentioned below on or before 31st October 2018.
Foundation for Advancement of Education and Research
G5, Swiss Complex, 33, Race Course Road, Bengaluru - 560001
Rules of the Contest & Proposal Format
List of Selected Proposals for FAER-McAfee Scholar program 2018-2019
Will be announced soon.