Scholar Awards Program
We are conducting the FAER scholar program to select and award "scholars" status to meritorious students from engineering colleges based on a project work with a rigorous three stage selection process referred and conducted by experts in the areas of (1) Computer Science, (2) Mobile Communications, (3) Renewable Energy Systems, (4) Signal Processing, (5) Rural Technologies, (6) Healthcare Technologies, (7) Labour Saving Technologies for Women, (8) Ecology and Environment, (9) Mobile Applications.
The objective of the FAER scholar program is to encourage creativity and innovation amongst the students in polytechnics and engineering institutions across India particularly those in rural and semi-urban areas making them to think and prepare detailed project proposals on areas and topics of relevance related to rural areas, rural communications, agricultural information systems, e-Governance, resource utilization, ecology, watershed development, renewable resources etc.,
- FAER - McAfee Scholar Awards Program : 2017-2018
- FAER - McAfee Scholar Awards Program : 2016-2017
- Motorola Scholar Awards : 2015-2016
- Motorola Scholar Awards : 2014-2015
- Motorola Scholar Awards : 2013-2014
- Motorola Scholar Awards : 2012-2013
- Motorola Scholar Awards : 2011-2012
- Motorola Scholar Awards : 2008-2009
- Motorola Scholar Awards : 2007-2008
- Motorola Scholar Awards : 2006-2007
- Motorola Scholar Awards : 2005-2006
Technology Barrier Reduction Program
Under this program, FAER intends to select ninety students from rural schools in Karnataka and provide them a one month summer internship. This program will be conducted at three premier engineering institutions. FAER intends to select about 90 students from rural schools in Karnataka (student from 9th standard or 8th standard) in association with DSERT, Govt. of Karnataka, and conduct 3 internship programs at each of selected institutions for a set of 30 students during summer 2014. The program will be of one month duration (21 April to 16 May 2014) during the summer holidays of schools. The main objective is to provide exposure of a good institution to rural based high school students. There are primarily three components of this program:
- To provide a reasonable exposure to language – speaking and writing.
- To provide exposure to some aspects of mathematics
- To familiarize them with some gadgets and ways of living in an institution including several normal functions like eating in a mess, using libraries, living in a hostel, etc. The students will get some exposure to laboratories, sports facilities and other campus facilities.
Alan Turing Year 2012 – India Celebrations
As a part of the India Celebrations of the Birth Centenary of Alan M. Turing, Foundation for Advancement of Education and Research (FAER) in association with Computer Society of India is organizing a 3-day Faculty Development Program in Bangalore during 18.12.2012 - 20.12.2012. The program includes lectures by eminent speakers on Turing, Cryptography, Computing, Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence etc as well as a Panel Discussion.
Faculty from the disciplines of Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology and related fields and practicing professionals from Research Labs and Industries are invited.
India Innovation Pioneers Challenge 2006
Intel in association with Department of Science & Technology, Government of India organized "DST-Intel India Innovation Pioneers Challenge 2006", an innovative business plan competition for educational institutions and organizations across India. The objectives of "DST-Intel India Innovation Pioneers Challenge 2006" are to:
- Support students and alumni with entrepreneurial community in their endeavors to create real businesses
- Encourage commercialization of promising ideas emerging from the country's research centers
- Provide platform to develop business plans on some of most exciting technologies
For details of the contest and results click on the following links :
Inspection & Quality Assessment of Mahiti Sindhu & ICT Programs
Inspection & Quality Assessment of Mahiti Sindhu & ICT Programs is a sponsored program by Department of State Education Research and Training (DSERT), Government of Karnataka.